Hey guys how you been ? Hope you rockin it 😉
Its been requested to make post on Command prompt commands , usage and other tricks. So i’ll cover this part in parts .
Anyway if you want to know how to get IP then i have already posted on that , here is the link
- dir : it lists all the files and directory in current location
- cd : it takes the control to specified path. eg- suppose you are at c:\> and you type command cd users\public then it’ll take you to c:\Users\Public>
- cd.. : it takes you one directory back
- systeminfo : it gives you all the information like processor,speed,hotfixes,RAM,hard-disk etc
- md : it makes a folder of a name which u have to specify. eg md hello
- color : sets the color of command prompt and its text
- echo : it displays the message
- echo message >> name.txt : it saves the message you have written to a file ,in this case , name.txt.
- /l : it loggs you off
- /s : it shutdowns the computer
- /r : restarts the computer
- /a : it aborts the shutdown. suppose you have used shutdown /s . it’ll shutdown the computer in less then a minute and within that minute if you use shutdown /a then the shutdown process will be aborted
- /p : turn offs the computer without any delay
- /h : it hibernates the computer
- /s /c message : this combination shutdowns the computer with a message which you have to specify
- /m : it is used to shutdown a remote computer but for that you have to know the login ID and Password of remote computer 🙂
- HELP : THIS DISPLAYS ALL THE COMMANDS YOU CAN USE
- command /? : this is used to get the information about the specified command . suppose you want to know about md then you have to type md /? and it’ll display the information about that command.
Stay Tuned !!!
(comment and like plz )